Translate

Monday, March 12, 2012

Rank strangers

The song "Rank Strangers" reaches down to some lonely place in many of us, where we feel pilgrims and foreigners, outsiders in a strange place we used to know. But we hold the promise of a place we'll meet friends and loved, and even those we never knew are not strangers!

I wandered again to my home in the mountains.
Where in youth’s early dawn, I was happy and free.
I looked for my friends, but I never could find them.
I found they were all rank strangers to me.


Everybody I met seemed to be a rank stranger.
No mother nor dad, not a friend could I see.
They knew not my name, and I knew not their faces.
I found they were all rank strangers to me.


They’ve all gone away, said the voice of a stranger.
To a beautiful land by the bright crystal sea.
Some beautiful day, I’ll meet them in heaven.
Where no one will be a stranger to me.

No comments: